Before all the torches are lit and the pitchforks are gathered, please bare with me: Google+ invites are not closed… well, sort of. Let me explain. Google opened the invitation floodgates within hours of releasing Google+. Shortly after they closed them due to the overwhelming demand. So Google deleted the Invite button and washed their hands. But now there’s another way to invite your friends to Google+!
I’m not sure if this method is a “loophole” or if this is what Google intended to happen after “closing” invites. Either way, I’ve been bombarded with the same question ever since I’ve gotten on Google+: “How do I invite people?”.
Note: I believe this method only works with Gmail addresses. I haven’t tried it with any other email domains.
Here’s what I’ve been doing to invite my friends:
- Make sure you’re on the Home tab and click in the Share box below Stream.
- Type in a simple message such as “Here’s your invite!”.
- This is important: Be sure you’re not sharing your post with the world. Delete the default Public button.
- Now position your cursor to manually type in the same box.
- Begin typing your friend’s Gmail address. Click their full email once it auto-completes below.
- Click Share! VoilÃƒÂ !
Your invitee should get his/her invite in their Gmail inbox shortly. It may take an hour or two for them to receive it, so be patient. Once they’re on Google+, be sure to share our list of Google+ tips with them!
This is my method of inviting friends to Google+. Do you know any other ways? Did this method work for you? Let us know in the comments below!